My wife Kinsey’s first backpacking trip!
We stayed at the Moreland Gap Shelter on the AT. We met a lot of thru-hikers and even more sections hikers. You can hike the AT in bite-sized pieces if you only have a week or two a year to get out!
Resources to plan your AT hike:
- Postholer’s AT map (the trailhead and weather overlays are super helpful!)
- The trailhead we started from
Gear I mentioned:
Gear Kinsey mentioned:
- NEMO Rave – 15* Down Bag, super comfy “spoon-shaped” ladies’ sleeping bag
- prAna Halle pants – Kinsey really liked these pants, they fit well and didn’t chafe, etc.
- SmartWool 250 Midlayer – lowers
The Book Kinsey was reading:
Special thanks to Liz for recommending the Halle pants and SmartWool 250 midlayer!