Alright, time to spill the beans on the BEST GEAR from Outdoor Retailer this summer.
NEMO addressed David’s concerns with the Hornet 2P. Helinox made a super lightweight cot! Awesome gear abounds, our gear nerd cup runneth over!
Gear/Brands Mentioned this episode:
- Helinox (Lite Cot launches soon!)
- Rumpl Poncho – If you’re looking for a Rumpl Blanket use one of these links to help the show: Amazon | REI
- Kelty (pick up a Bestie Blanket from Amazon, great for picnics and extra car-camping warmth)
- NEMO Equipment
- Klymit (the makers of MORE than sleeping pads, but the Static V is the best sleeping pad, so go buy one already)
- JetBoil – get ready for the Summit Skillet’s release by picking up a JetBoil Flash
Spotlight: Top 3 Pieces of Gear
#3 – NEMO Rocket 2p
This awesome tent was designed to be the lightest, livable two-person tent. The designers got a blank check. This shelter is amazing. I can’t wait to buy one.
#2 – Klymit SkyBivy
“The backyard hammock reimagined.” We live in an age of reboots and remakes, the SkyBivy is one worth seeing. Klymit created a lay-flat hammock for backpackers and I’m very excited to see where our community takes it.
#1 – JetBoil Summit Skillet
FINALLY, someone made a backpacking frying pan that actually works. I’m so excited to make pancakes and french toast in the backcountry.